Enrollment Procedure for SVS Full Time
Please read each step carefully
- Carefully read thru our FAQ section. Many of your questions can be answered in that document. Click HERE to access the FAQs.
- If you would like to request more information, complete the online enrollment survey to request an email from SVS staff for the next Zoom Info Session. Information about the next Zoom Info Session will be sent to the email you provide within 1-2 business days. Click HERE to access the enrollment survey.
- Attend a LIVE Zoom session with SVS staff who will go over the details of the program. This step is mandatory for all prospective families. Our #1 priority is to make sure that you fully understand what full time virtual school is, and if it's the most appropriate educational environment for the student.
- Schedule a one on one phone call where SVS staff will review your student's academic records and help make a determination if full time virtual school is the appropriate educational environment.
- If it's agreed upon that the full time virtual school is right for your student, a one on one Zoom session will be scheduled. During this meeting, we will have a chance to meet the student, review policies/expectations, sign some required paperwork, and begin scheduling classes for the fall.
- There will be a mandatory orientation via Zoom during the week before school begins. All families (new and returning) are required to attend. This orientation will finalize the registration process, and we will also review all of the policies/expectations of virtual school.
- Registration is open only during the open enrollment period which begins in the spring and closes in July.
- Parents/guardians are advised to carefully consider the appropriateness of a virtual instruction option in a full time capacity.
- For students with an Individual Education Plan (IEP), a 504 Accommodation Plan or an English Language Learner Plan (ELL), a meeting prior to enrollment shall occur with the SVS Administrator and Academic Advisor, student, parent/guardian, and appropriate staff members from the district's Exceptional Student Education Department to determine the appropriateness of assignment to a full time virtual learning environment.